Monday, 31 March 2014

Rationale



The topic for my Brochure to rebut what John Key has previously said about Wellington being a dying city was the variety of Markets which are available on different days of the week. The rational qualities of each of these markets were that people went because they needed certain items and hadn't been to the market before. Therefore on a weekend trip it would be essential to visit at least one as they are all very unique. The emotive qualities would more likely be going there because it is some sort of ritual within your family, or fun outing you have done for a while, which is more shown in those who are local to wellington reading my brochure, rather than those visiting. As those visiting wouldn't have a tradition of going every week as such. The Night Market, Underground Market, and City Market all have certain atmospheres which are slightly different throughout each one therefore I have tried to portray this in laying my grid and type differently throughout each spread, yet keeping the bold circle there to show that there is still an atmosphere at each location. The circle represents Atmosphere. Throughout my process I learnt a lot of new things, I taught myself a little bit of Indesign which was a positive. I also think there are some areas which I could have developed further if I had managed my time a bit better such as the layout of my type and how each spread was laid out, yet I am still happy with the outcome of my Brochure from where I started in the process of developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment